Something Different

I'm going a defferent route right now.  I am so angry about the shabby treatment I received from the place I lived before my move to Ecuador. More about that at another time. But here is my message, along with my complaint.

Stay away from Satellite Bay

Friends, if you are looking for a place to live, and you don’t have much money, please stay away from Satellite Bay. For your own good. And here is why:
My story begins on the day I moved in. When I purchased the mobile home, it looked like a good deal. And it was. But I didn’t have a refrigerator. So, the salesperson said that if I would pay $200 more, they would get a refrigerator from a scratch & Dent place and put it in for me. That sounded reasonable, so I paid $1200 instead of $1000 for the trailer.
On moving day, sure enough, there was a refrigerator in the kitchen. Great. I plugged it in and filled some ice cube trays with water. The water didn’t freeze—not in four hours, or 4 days. I called the management office and they did not return my call. I tried for at least 10 days to call and didn’t get an answer. I left a message each time, and my call was not returned. I finally called a refrigerator repairman. He came out, looked at the refrigerator, and told me it was not from a scratch & dent place. It must have sat in somebody’s garage or warehouse. He could tell from looking at the pitted coils, he said. He said it was never going to work. I tried to call the office again, and again, and finally gave up. I bought another refrigerator from a scratch & dent place. Oh, and a throw rug in the front bathroom was covering up a big hole in the floor. That was another surprise.
After residing in the park for a couple of years, I was talked into running for treasurer. During my two-year term as treasurer, I endured a lot of friction between other board members, usually directed at each other. All I did was hand out money, collect money and make deposits. Then two former board members accused me of making money disappear. That was absolute bullshit. After an audit, that died down. But what got me was that not one person on the board defended me.
Moving on.
Due to my brother’s death, I had to move to Ecuador to manage his hotel. So, I sold my trailer, most of my personal items, and my car. I was pressed for time, because I had to get down to the hotel. There was no one in charge of it. So along comes Kurt. Yes, I will name him, because he really did me wrong. Kurt Jensen. I sold him my trailer for $300. Yes, it needed work; yes, it was not in good shape, but it was damn sure worth more than $300! In addition to that, I left him some furniture, small kitchen appliances, dishes, utensils, and lots and lots of diabetic-friendly food, which anyone can tell you is expensive. I even left him a TV and entertainment center. Because he agreed to keep one of my cats, I left him lots of cat food, cat litter, the litter box, and two very expensive cat trees. I also left some expensive flea control medicine—a prescription from the vet. I wasn’t even gone 10 days when he got rid of the cat. I’m told he took her to the Humane Society. What a shit!
So, to help him out further, I told him I would keep the electricity in my name for one month, so he wasn’t hit with security deposits, first month’s bills, and moving expenses all at once. A month, and a week, after I moved, I shut down my account with Duke Power, as I said I would. The deal was for him to pay whatever he used in that month. I told a “friend” to let him know how much it was. That was in May. He has not paid the bill! When my true friend went back and asked him about it, he started complaining to her about how much money he had to put into the trailer to make it livable. Exactly what was he expecting for $300? The Trump Towers? So, I guess I’m screwed on the electric bill. As it is, I lost my security deposit of $424 because of him. He was not approved for a month because he couldn’t provide the documentation to get approved. You see, he claimed that he made $600 a week, but he couldn’t prove it. Smells like loser to me! So, the park management took my security deposit to pay for that jerk’s rent! Of course, they had no qualms about it. That’s just another corporation that is money-oriented and damn greedy.
Now let me tell you about “friends” at Satellite Bay. One in particular, I won’t mention her name, but she knows who she is. I thought we were friends. We did things together, and we talked a lot. I shared some things about myself that I don’t normally share. You see, I thought we were friends. When I was in the middle of moving, she kept saying how much she was going to miss me, but she would do whatever she could to help me out. I used her address as a place to receive my mail, since I can’t get mail in Ecuador. She was supposed to keep in touch with me, letting me know what mail I received. I emailed her a few times and got no response. Yet she was telling people that she talked to me every day. I finally heard from her. She told me to stop telling people she doesn’t respond to me, because she does. HUH? Okay, on Facebook she likes some of my posts, and sometimes leaves a comment, but how is that the same as responding to an email from me, where I asked a specific question?
So, I needed someone to pick up my meds from Walgreen’s. It was the last script I would be getting. She didn’t respond, my TRUE friend, Diane, was away, so I emailed another person at Satellite Bay, asking her if she would pick them up. I told her Diane would come get them when she got back home. Well, she told the other person, who said she would pick them up. And she didn’t. So, the meds were put back in stock before Diane could get home.
Diane went over and collected my mail, went through it, and emailed me, telling me what was in it. Now how hard was that? And yes, there was money I had been waiting for, and the other “friend” knew I was waiting for it.
Now I must change my address again, to an address where I know I can trust that I will get my questions answered, and my mail will be properly handled. I understand there is a bill there for something I didn’t authorize. Kurt Jensen again? I’ll bet.

So that is my tale. The moral is don’t trust anybody at Satellite Bay, and even better, don’t go there looking for a place to live. One other little bit of information—almost every trailer is loaded with termites.

Comments

  1. I just caught my typo in the first sentence. Different. Not Defferent. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable, Carole. You are such a nice person, and people take advantage of you. I'm sorry all of this happened. You deserved much, much better. Depresses me to think how thoughtless and uncaring some individuals can be. Thank goodness for Diane, your "true friend."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thank goodness for her. I have gotten so many responses from people I don't know, telling me they would have helped. I posted this same letter on a local community board.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeb Bush--How Dare You!!

What is Happening?

Government Shutdown