PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
I was going to suggest that we get rid of everyone, including those who are thinking about running, but I think these steps will do it for us...................
A. ABOLISH Lobbying.
B. LEGISLATE A BILL banning Big Business from the Political Arena.
C. DEVELOP a new check and balance system.
1. Have average people from all walks of live sit in on the lawmaking sessions.
a. 12 people, acting somewhat like a jury.
b. Randomly summoned to Washington, just like a summons for jury duty.
c. They get paid for their time there.
d. Their transportation and lodging is also paid for.
e. Change panel every month, unless a huge bill enactment is being discussed.
D. DEDUCT money from the pays of those Congressmen not present during sessions.
E. LOWER Congressional salaries to $55,000 a year.
1. If that pay is not enough to live on, they can get a part-time job.
2. Most Americans live on a lot less.
3. It might gain some sympathy and understanding toward the middle class and the poor.
F. LESSEN the allowance Congressmen are allotted for hiring additional help.
G. MAKE Congress pay into Social Security.
H. ELIMINATE the 'RETIREMENT WITH FULL PAY."
1. Offer a 401k or some other retirement plan.
2. There is Medicare--if it's good enough for us, it's good enough for them.
I. CHANGE the way Politicians campaign.
1. My next post will have a campaigning plan mapped out.
2. My idea for campaigning will be cheaper in the long run.
I believe out Politicians are running for office just to obtain a cushy lifestyle, the high paychecks, and the many, many days of vacation they end up getting. Those things are what they care about.
WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS!! WHY? BECAUSE AS IT STANDS, OUR POLITICIANS, WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REPRESENTING US, ARE ACTING LIKE MONARCHS--AND WE ARE THEIR SUBJECTS!!
They are no better than we are! But instead of working for us, and keeping our best interests in mind, they are working to make their lives better--richer. Politicians no longer represent us--they disrespect us.
AND THAT'S WHAT I THINK.......
NEXT POSTING: See my idea for campaigning.