Oh, do we need it!!
Folks, as it stands we are about to lose our government as it was intended. I ask you quite simply: If you heard that the head of an Organized Crime Family planned on giving a candidate $1 Billion for his campaign, what would you think?
You would think he was trying to buy the candidate. Right?
So why are you so complacent about the Koch Brothers' plan to donate that much to the Republican Party? What exactly do you think is behind that?
Simply this: The Koch Brothers are trying to buy the election. And, what's more...if a Republican wins the election, the Koch Brothers will be running this country. You think not? Think Again!
Now here is my idea for future campaigns. Believe me, the candidates won't like this, but I believe it's a better way to get decent people in office, rather than the scamming, bullshitting , lying, greedy, self-serving, do-nothings we have today.
So...here it is: Simply put.
- No more TV ads, radio ads, or newspaper ads, or billboards, or yard signs.
- All candidates must complete three things:
- 1. Resume--highlighting qualifications.
- 2. Platform--what exactly he/she stands for, and what he/she plans to accomplish.
- 3. Full disclosure of where campaign funds come from.
- Each candidate will mail (snail mail) a packet with this information to every person in the country. Or at least, as many as they want to send.
- Absolutely no corporations would be permitted to contribute.
- Fundraising is permitted, however.
Now here is the beauty of this:
- No more vicious attack ads disturbing our TV broadcasts.
- No unsightly signs around the areas.
- And believe it or not, all those mailings would cost less than the current campaigns.
NOW FOR THE BEST PART:
**Every citizen would have it, in black & white, what each candidate promised. It's similar to a job application.**
- If the candidate gets elected and doesn't fulfill his promises, HE CAN BE FIRED!
- It would be just like lying on a job application. Everybody knows that if you lie on an application, you can lose your job. So is there any reason why our public officials shouldn't be subject to the same principle?
Think about this. Let's change the system so that it actually does work for US--We The People.
AND THAT'S WHAT I THINK.....